The Carpenters Arms (Remenham)
Standing at the Berkshire end of Henley bridge, the pub stood until 1984, although
it closed some years before that. This plaque, and the original foundation stone,
are all that remain. Now the site for the headquarters of Henley Rowing Club.
The pub was originaly bought for £300 by Robert Brakspear in 1798. Of the 130 pubs
listed on this site, this was the first to close.